- Directing Principals and Teachers towards the qualitative Education development of children
- Activating and developing training and seminars necessary for above matter
- Maintaining the co-ordination between ministry of Education and National Institute of Education related to education procedures of schools.
- Conducting and Developing special education and non-formal education programmes and conducting compulsory education orders.
- Giving free text books, school uniform and lunch for school children.
- Conducting health improvement and nutrition programmes.
- Providing scholarships for scholarship holders.
- Conducting relevant teacher training programmes in order to implement the school curriculum.
- Preparing students for National Level Examinations.
- Conducting professional development activities for teachers.
- Conducting school supervision activities.
- Government and non-government co-ordination related to Education development.
- Conducting school and provincial Level year end examinations